Tuesday 12 August 2008

Update from Qingdao - August 12

Dear All:

Greg had a very tough day at the office today. We woke up to the usual light winds and hot temperatures. The conditions were similar to what they had been training in over the last few days.

I went with Greg as usual to the boat area and assisted with the preparations etc. There was a postponement on shore for about 30 minutes before they were sent onto the water for the first race for the Lasers. I then went back to my room where I could se the course form our 16th floor room and I also had the TV coverage available. The A course is very close to shore and will be where the medal races take place.

From my viewpoint, Greg had two poor starts and then made tactical errors in both races. He never seemed to be on the favoured side of the course. His boat speed seemed to be fine. He finished last in both races. He was quiet when he got back to shore but seemed to pick up himself after a shower and dinner. He is currently with Luis for a briefing.

Tomorrow is another day and hopefully a better one.

Regards to all


Peter Douglas

No comments: